Managing agent queues effectively is crucial for efficient call handling in any call center. This guide will walk you through the process of logging in, pausing, and logging out of call queues, ensuring smooth operations and accurate reporting. Additionally, we'll explore reason codes, tally codes, and available queue reports to help you optimize your call center's performance.
Logging in and out of the queue(s):
For incoming calls to be placed into ques at least one agent must be logged in at all times. Once logged into the que you will receive calls unless you are currently making or receiving a call. In the event that all agents are busy callers will remain in the que until an agent become available. Please note that it is important to log out of the que at the end of each shift. This ensures that reports in the system are accurate with call numbers for your shift as well as preventing issues with your agent ID when we push updates.
To login, pause, and logout of call ques please use the below instructions:
- To Login to the queue(s): Agent dials *01 + Agent ID
- To Logout of the queue(s): Agent dials *00 + Agent ID
It should be noted that if the agent has a phone extension assigned their agent ID will match their phone extension.
When an Agent needs to stop receiving calls from the queue(s), but does not want to log out of the queue(s), they can pause themselves. They will stop receiving queue calls until they un-pause, but will still be reported as logged into the queue(s). In addition, the agent can provide a "Reason Code" to indicate the reason that they are currently paused. This reason code is logged with their pause event, and reported on the Realtime Console.
There are 10 Reason Codes listed. The system will have default values for each of the Reason Codes, such as "Wrap Up Time", "Restroom", "Break" and "Lunch. The user can change any of these Reason Codes. Update the text box next to each Reason Code, and click "Save". To reset all codes to the default values, click "Restore Defaults".
Default reason codes are as follows:
- Reason Code 0: Wrap-up Time
- Reason Code 1: Restroom
- Reason Code 2: Break
- Reason Code 3: Lunch
- Reason Code 4-9: These reason codes have no assignment and can customized
To use reason codes please use the below instructions:
- To pause an agent ID Dial *02 + Reason Code + Agent ID
- To un-pause an agent ID Dial *03 + Agent ID
When an Agent receives a call from the queue(s), and needs to assign that call a specific category for billing or other purposes, the agent can provide a "Tally Code" to indicate the nature of the call. This Tally Code is logged in the Queue Call Activity Report.
There are 10 Tally Codes listed. The system will have default values for each of the Tally Codes. The Administrator can change these Tally Codes. Update the textbox next to each Tally Code and click "Save".
The Call Center has 7 reports available:
- Real-time Console - A real-time view of all queues showing calls waiting, hold time, and agents' status.
- Queue Performance - A historic metrics report searchable by date, showing metrics by queue.
- Agent Performance - A historic metrics report searchable by date, showing metrics by agent.
- Agent Events - A historic metrics report searchable by date and by agent, showing agent activity by session.
- Queue Call Activity - A call log report showing calls by date, by queue, and by agent.
- Answer/Abandon Report - A historic metrics report searchable by date, by queue, or by agent, showing metrics of answered or abandoned calls.
- Queue Summary by Number - A historic metrics report, searchable by date, by phone number, and by queue, showing metrics of calls inbound to specified phone numbers and queues.